We join City of Edmonton and many in thoughts, prayers and support to many who have been affected. We extend our deepest condolences to families and friends.
From all of us at North Edmonton Business Association
Technological advancements and social media have raised timely awareness and interactions amongst many through the various platforms available - increased level of public engagement. We hope you had a chance to attend either the in person forums held for Vision 2050 or was able to complete the online survey. We look forward to hearing results of these activities when results will be presented to Council.
It would be great to see more impact from these technological advancements and media having a more material impact on various fronts (economic, political, business, community).
We cordially invite you to join us at a collaborative event with McLEOD Windows & Doors. It will be held on Wednesday May 16, 2018 from 5 PM to 7PM.
A NEBA Business Mixer & Networking Event combined with McLEOD Windows & Doors Customer Appreciation Event. This event will be held McLEOD Windows & Doors Showrooom, 15311 128 Ave.
We are grateful to McLEOD for sponsoring complimentary wine, refreshments and food for attendees to enjoy on May 16, 2018. It's a wonderful opportunity to invite a connection, a client or a colleague out to this event making new connections, more face to face interactions. We look forward to seeing you if you can join us! [Register Now / RSVP].
There are tradeshow tables available for your consideration - explore how you can be a part of this event! Showcase your company products and/or services and reach more potential clients in person at this upcoming event. [Sponsorship Opportunity / Tradeshow Table Booking]
Love these structures at the showroom, great venue for socializing, mixing and mingling. These doors are closed in the pictures now, but they will be wide open and inviting on Wed. May 16 at the event!
North Edmonton Business Association is a membership based organization with a focus of building opportunities by hosting events where networking, interactions, conversations and meetings can occur..
Regardless of where your business may be located (North, South, East, West or Surrounding Areas), let's build opportunities through interactions! Join us as member and let's work on getting you connected and working with more North Edmonton & area businesses and communities.
To join as member, please click on link for online membership application and payment can be made with VISA or Mastercard.
We always welcome feedback so please reach out to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 780 803 1678. | Loan Gowers, Executive Director & President | (Connect with us on LinkedIn, Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook Page).
You might have heard of this amazing event happening June 23rd to 24th. The rumors are true. We are hosting a 36-hour continuous game of soccer at the Evansdale Community Hall. The one of a kind game will begin at 8:00 am and end the following day at 8:00 pm.
The weekend is going to have a lot in store for Edmonton’s soccer lovers.
The FIFA World Cup, the most watched tournament on Earth, will be taking place at the same time. What better way for our community to come together and watch the highest level of soccer than by projecting these games on an inflatable screen next to the 36 hour field? Especially since Edmonton is bidding to co-host the tournament in 2026.
But that’s not all! There will be live music, a skills competition, food trucks and many other family-friendly amenities. The North Side deserves an event that is open to everyone and I cannot wait to celebrate soccer and our long summer days.
Last month I hosted the first volunteer meeting and the excitement for this event is soaring. Leaders of Edmonton’s soccer community are embracing this opportunity and I am confident that people all over the North Side will as well.
North Edmonton Businesses contribute a lot to our community and I, along with many others, am incredibly grateful. I would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to all North Edmonton Businesses to come and take part in this unique event.
Contact me: email@example.com
Recent changes and News from the Tax Department:
- The limit on the deduction of tax-exempt allowances that are paid by Employers to employees who use their personal vehicle for business purposes
For 2018 will be increased by 1 cent to 55 cents per kilometer for the first 5,000 kilometers driven, and to 49 cents for each additional kilometer.
- CRA indicated plans to continue enhancing its compliance procedures in the real-estate sector. The News Release highlighted the new reporting requirements for the Sale of a principal residence, the requirement to collect and remit GST/HST on new Residential real estate, and the need to ensure new housing rebate claims are in Compliance with the rules.
- Those involved in the sharing economy should ensure that they comply with relevant income tax and GST/HST registration and reporting.
CRA identified five key sectors in the Sharing economy, being accommodation sharing, ride sharing, music and video streaming, online staffing, and peer/crowdfunding.
February 9, 2017 – CRA released a Tax Tip (Six things to avoid at tax time) suggesting
The following errors to avoid:
- Not doing your taxes, even if you had no income, as refunds, credits and benefits also require filing tax returns.
- Not reporting all your income, including a reminder to report principal
- Residence sales,
- And the ability to review slips through My Account and auto-fill my return.
- Making a claim you’re not entitled to, with examples including deduction of funeral and wedding expenses, loans to family members, and losses on a personal residence as claims sometimes made in error. CRA also provides a link to their website list of most frequent adjustments, last updated in June 2016.
- Missing out on credits, benefits and deductions.
- Filing late.
- Not keeping receipts and records.
Several other changes to personal tax matters, including:
- Adding nurse practitioners to the list of medical practitioners that could certify eligibility for the disability tax credit;
- Clarifying that medical intervention required in order to conceive a child be eligible as a medical expense on the same basis as costs incurred on account of medical infertility. This measure will allow claims for refunds in respect of such expenses for any of the immediately preceding ten taxation years;
- Consolidating the existing caregiver credit, infirm dependant credit, and family caregiver tax credit with a new Canada caregiver credit. The amounts for this new credit will generally mirror the amounts that could have been claimed under the
Cannabis news: health Canada released a consultation paper detailing planned
Regulations for the proposed cannabis act. Issues addressed include licenses, Permits and authorizations for cultivation and processing, product standards, Packaging and labelling. Distribution of cannabis, like alcohol, is subject to provincial Regulation, and the provinces are at various stages of developing their rules in this regard.
PLEASE DISCUSS THESE WITH YOUR ACCOUNTANT.
If you are looking for a new accountant, we would be happy to be of service. Please call us at Usha Pawluski Professional Corporation 780-463-9300
As a nonprofit association, NEBA hosts events with support from our event sponsors, selling tradeshow tables, and/or membership fees. These events create a wonderful environment for many to come together in one location - learning more about each other's business while building relationships or making new connections! We are grateul to have
Dr. Megan Harris with The Chiropractic Wellness Studio and Jay Sahni with Kohinoor Restaurant for sponsoring Mar 28 Event. Kohinoor Restaurant is a brand new restaurant in North East Edmonton, opening their doors in Fall of 2017. With one of the largest buffet options, they provided our networkers with delicious appetizers to enjoy at this event.
Special thanks to MLA Chris Nielsen (Edmonton-Decore) for coming out and join us at this event, visiting each tradeshow vendors and connecting with many of the businesses and individuals in attendance.
We are very pleased to have Dr. Megan Harris with her team showcasing the various services they have to offer at the Chiropractic Wellness Studio. They moved into their new location last year and we are very excited to host a breakfast mixer there on May 30, 2018. We hope you are able to make it out and find out how you can feel better about your health!
Event to be held at the following time, date, and location:
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 from 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM